Job Title: Roaster Support
Number of Employees
Shift Hours: M-TH. 6am-4pm, F 6am-10am
Pay Rate: $14/ hour
Job Description: Position REQUIRES LOTS OF HEAVY LIFTING. General job description below. Need people who can start as soon as possible. Must be flexible to rotate shifts starting as early as 3am on a limited basis.
Under general supervision, is responsible for support of Roasters through the loading of green coffee per specifications given and green coffee packaging for Roasting store.
• Loads green coffee into pit scales to be transferred into roaster and green coffee scale.
• Prepares various coffee blends according to established formulas.
• Learns the scheduling of roasts to ensure smooth production flow and to meet inventory requirements.
• Follows Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and OSHA Safety standards at all times.
• Learns establishment of roasting quality standards.
• Learns to conduct quality tests on all roasts using the Agtron roast analyzer.
• Participates in regular coffee tastings to ensure quality standards.
• Clean and perform regular maintenance on Roasters and other equipment in the Roasting and Green
• Performs all related job duties as required.
• Reliability is paramount.. Individual must demonstrate flexibility to meet quickly changing production and roasting schedules.
• Individual must be able to perform heaving lifting (lift up to 100 pounds) and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to operate mechanical equipment, use of forklifts, man lifts or other heavy machinery.
• Experience with or strong desire to learn about coffee quality and tasting.
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Basic math skills (ability to do “on the fly math”)
• Able to take direction and work under pressure
• Able to accurately follow directions and established formulas.
• Able to perform physical requirements of position
• Able to work well with a team
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time, up to 8-12 hours.
• Bending, stooping and climbing.
• Mental and physical dexterity.
• Unassisted heavy lifting up to 100 pounds.
• Work in hot temperature due to heat of Roaster.
• Use of box cutters.
• Mandatory use of required personal protective equipment.
• Use of ladders.
• Repetition or sequence of duties.