Seeking skilled Fabricators who can perform a variety ofwelding functions. The individual should be familiar with and capable of using severaltypes of welding equipment. A welder is also required to perform othermiscellaneous tasks, as supervision deems necessary.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
· Operate safety equipment and apply safe workhabits
· Lay out, position, align, and secure parts andassemblies prior to assembly/tacking and or welding using prescribed fixturesand proper work procedures
· Operate manual or semi-automatic weldingequipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, shielded metal arc, within the parameters outlined in workprocedures
· Recognize, set up, and operate hand and powertools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arcwelding equipment
· Examine work pieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance withspecifications
· Monitor welding processes to avoid overheatingof parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material
· Determine required equipment and welding methodsvia established work procedures and apply proper welding techniques
· Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter,using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cuttingequipment
· Must have a basic welding aptitude, 2-yeartechnical degree or related work experience
· Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50lbs.
· Must be able to push and pull a minimum of100lbs.
· Must be able to work proficiently with hands andwrists and be able to grasp objects
· Must be able to stand and walk for extendedperiods of time.