Corporate Management Groups iscurrently hiring for a Logistics Associate at our Fridley location.
Shift: Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
Pay: $14.00-$16.00 per hour-possibly more DOE
Job Summary: Accurately packages parts and prepares containers andappropriate documentation for the timely and accurate shipment of parts tocustomers. Verifies and accurately enters receipt of incomingshipments. Loads and unloads incoming and outgoing trucks and vehicles.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities with an emphasis on safety.
- Obtains parts from pressroom to fill customer orders per the shipping schedule, carefully verifies and identifies part numbers and quantities.
- Places items in shipping containers, weighs count part quantities, makes bar code shipping labels on computer and attaches them to the containers in proper locations.
- Prepares accurate shipping documents of goods shipped. Prepares bills of lading and Shipper’s Letters of Instruction (SLIs) for international shipments.
- Posts weights and keeps accurate files of shipping records.
- Verifies correctness of incoming shipments against bills of lading, invoices and JobBoss computer data.
- Enters records of incoming shipments of merchandise and materials into the JobBoss computer system.
- Operates forklift in order to load and unload parts and materials from incoming and outgoing trucks and other vehicles.
- Keeps accurate records of goods received and reports damaged goods and shortages.
- Routes incoming shipments to the proper department.
- Works with close supervision in coordination with other team members and other departments in the company
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May perform as a machine operator in the pressroom to support production.
- May work with subcontractors to coordinate deburring and zinc plating of work-in-process parts.
- Continuous learning about machine operation and shipping practices knowledge and ability to gain skills and proficiencies.
- Keeps assigned area clean and orderly.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- General knowledge of warehouse, shipping and transportation procedures and practices preferred.
- Comfort and experience operating computers and a variety of computer software preferred.
- Valid operator’s permit to operate a fork truck preferred, the ability to attain a permit is required.
- Preferred Class B Driver’s License
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25-50 pounds
- Customer service – logistics associates greet and address customers, so employers seek out candidates who display excellent customer service skills
- Communication skills – logistics associates use verbal communication skills to work as part of a team and written communication skills to create regular inventory reports
- Physical fitness – because logistics associates spend their work hours standing, lifting heavy items, walking, crouching, and bending in uncomfortable warehouse environments, these professionals have high physical strength and endurance
- Computer skills – logistics associates enter information into digital databases, work with Microsoft programs, and use online shipping sites and programs, all of which require good computer skills
- Attention to detail – logistics associates must be highly detail-oriented to inspect all inventory items and accurately prepare outgoing shipments for customers
- Organization skills – as logistics associates are responsible for keeping inventory areas well-organized, organization skills are required for this job
- Multitasking skills – logistics associates use multitasking skills to manage many different tasks at once
- Long Term Employment
- Full time hours with overtime as needed
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Shift Differential for 3rd shift
- Overtime - Depending on production needs
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $200 Referral Bonus!
Interested applicants are encouragedto call or apply in person at:
Corporate Management Group
404 Broadway Avenue Saint Paul Park, MN 55071