Buyer - Louisville, CO
Go back to the job list
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the purchase of raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for the business considering cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Reviews/approves purchase requisitions for goods or services.
- Assists in the negotiation of price, delivery, and contract terms with suppliers.
- Expedites orders and requests, as needed.
- Determines method of procurement, such as direct purchase, blanket order, or consignment
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests, and other required purchasing documentation
- Reviews bid proposals and assists in the negotiation of contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement and supplier records.
- Ensures all purchasing/receiving information is processed on-time for month end reporting.
- Assists with supplier performance evaluations as required.
- Coordinates return and credit/debit activities with suppliers for discrepant receipts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred. This position should have 2-3 years of related purchasing/buyer experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. APICS certification is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and problem solve with internal customers and external vendors.
- Must have an advanced understanding of the JDE software system for material tracking; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must possess strong, written communication skills such as correspondence, reports, and presentations to groups.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and proven project and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity of ISO and other quality management systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have knowledge of materials and material requirements as they relate to work orders.