ENTRY LEVEL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Installing, maintaining and repairing of machinery, equipment, physical structure, and pipe and electrical systems in plant, following specifications, blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoist, crane, measuring and testing instruments, and specific knowledge of machines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Visually inspecting, testing, and diagnosing problems with machinery and equipment, using mechanical, electrical and electronic test equipment; discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
· Dismantling defective equipment and installing new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools; installing and repairing electrical components (such as transformers and wiring), piping of systems related to hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairing/replacing gauges, valves and pressure regulators or related equipment.
Repairing and maintaining physical structure of establishment, including installation of machinery and equipment according to blueprints and other specifications.
· Installing programs, or repairing automated machinery and equipment, such as robots or CNCs, or working with subcontractors to have this done.
· Communicating with co-workers and supervisors to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
· 1 or more years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship preferred.
· Ability to enter and retrieve data from computer using corporate software, Excel, and other Windows programs.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings and blueprints; may occasionally have to write routine reports.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; may occasionally have to interpret graphs.
· Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.