Sets up and operates CNC Milling (Vertical/Horizontal) and/or Turning Centers to perform various functions such as cutting, drilling, milling, turning, reaming, boring, tapping of metallic and non-metallic work pieces, utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, computer controls, machinability of materials, and shop math.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
· Read and understand Blue Prints/Customer drawings, set-up and process sheets, sketches and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, set-up procedures, controller settings, feeds and speeds, and machining methods and sequences.
· Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, fixtures, vices, and work piece in machine.
· Loads program into machine controller or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions.
· Calculates and sets machine controls to zero and calculates tools in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors.
· Produce defect free parts and measures parts for conformance using precision measuring instruments.
· Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions during set-up.
· Be able to problem solve to resolve any machining issues.
· Deburr parts as they are completed.
· Communicate clearly with supervisor and maintain detailed records and reports.
· High School, Vocational education, or 5 years or more work experience
· Ability to write a routine report
· Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
· Capable of exerting up to 25 pounds of force
· Programming and Computer Software experience is preferable