The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System by following the required procedures and ensuring customer requirements are identified and met. This position will perform in-process visual and dimensional inspections of all TSS Broomfield manufactured products as well as final visual inspection of parts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Reads production blueprints and assesses unknown dimensions.
· Conducts first-piece inspection as detailed in the Quality Assurance Inspection Standards; requires verfiying part dimensions and conducting a visual inspection of the first part produced from an order.
· Conducts continuous visual inspections of parts in process.
· Conducts in-process inspection audits; requires review of drawing and supporting order documents such as contracts, test reports, and any other certifications required prior to sending to next operation.
· Completes first-article inspection report (FAIR); requires inspecting and verifying parts in accordance with customer drawing . Records in customer file for tracking purposes.
· Conducts final visual inspection of parts; includes reviewing documentation provided with order of in-process inspections and then verifying all required processes are complete and correct. Attaches final documentation required by customer.
· Initiates Management Review Board process for rework orders, disposition of nonconforming material, and destruction of scrap (raw material and finished good).
· Conducts force and torque testing of finished goods.
· Operates Seebrez as needed.
· Operates Coordinate Measurement Machine as needed.
· Ensures required documentation from all inspections are complete.
· Ensures correct product identification and traceability of materials is maintained throughout the operations process.
· Initiates Quality-related turnbacks and records in the Qualtrax system.
· Assists with Internal Auditing as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. This position should have at least 2-3 years previous experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment. Previous experience with Qualtrax compliance system and JDE enterprise resource planning system is required.
· Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal in English
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Must have advance level of attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
· Must be proficient with Qualtrax, JDE, Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and general computer skills.
· Excellent knowledge of materials and material requirements as they relate to customer orders.
· Excellent knowledge of purchase order requirements.
· Ability to read blue prints and product drawings and have the ability to convert and change information as needed.
· Must be able to operate various inspection tools such as dial calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, height gages, pin & plug gages, pi tape and microscopes.
· Must have excellent math aptitude
· Ability to operate a Seebrez and Coordinate Measurement Machine
This position is located in a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, squatting, twisting, and bending. This position will spend about 90% of their time on the production floor where heavy machinery is present and loud sounds exist. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires manual dexterity for typing and considerable time at a computer.
· Safety Glasses to be worn at all times when on the production floor