Operate or tend soldering and brazing machines that braze, solder, or spot weld fabricated metal products or components as specified by work orders, blueprints, and layout specifications.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
· Melts and applies solder along adjoining edges of work pieces to solder joints, using propane torch
· Grinds, cuts, buffs, or bends edges of work pieces to be joined to ensure snug fit, using power grinder and hand tools
· Applies flux to work piece surfaces in preparation for soldering.
· Aligns and clamps work pieces together, using rule, square, or hand tools, or positions items in fixtures, jigs, or vise
· Prior experience with copper pipe soldering using a propane torch
· Attention to detail
· Ability to sit/stand for 8-10 hours daily