Mechanical Design Engineer - Louisville, CO
Go back to the job list
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our technology-driven firm’s manufacturing engineering team currently has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for design of fixtures, automation components and structural components to support process improvement projects. The successful candidate will report directly to the Facilities Manager, and collaborate with product engineering/purchasing and shop/assembly teams on design projects. This an excellent opportunity to work in a friendly work environment with a team that is dedicated and passionate about craftsmanship and innovation.
- Use Inventor software to create models and drawings of products. Solid Works acceptable.
- Research new materials and methods of development.
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records.
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with design/production team.
- Work with team to build, finish, test and qualify equipment produced.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and safety standards. Safety must be incorporated into design.
Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Ability and desire to work as a team to create new designs and equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in mechanical design preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of AutoCad Inventor 3D CAD software, Solid Works acceptable.
- Extensive knowledge of machine function. Robot and automation experience a plus.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively.