Main Duties Inventory and Logistics Coordinator:
· Monthly material projections
· Market materials – send out bid to our material buyers
· Request PO’s and set shipment dates
· Schedule shipments via rail and truck
· Submit paperwork for shipped loads
· Cover scale house – track incoming and outgoing material through PC scale software package
Metrics and Inventory Management
Work with the production supervisor to keep track of the daily inventory. Manage and update daily and weekly metrics charts and spreadsheets. Send out monthly material bids to buyers. Communicate with our material buyers, answer questions and send pictures of materials per requested. Request purchase orders for winning bids and confirm pricing as well as shipment dates. Update staff with shipping calendar and logistics information.
Create a monthly material projection and forecast .Order needed rail cars via BNSF website and make sure loaded cars are released on schedule. Work closely with scale house to verify loads are shipping as scheduled and send paperwork and any required pictures for loads. Keep transportation orders on schedule and coordinate with production schedule.
Scale House Coverage
Cover scale house for a few hours in the afternoon as well as sick days and scheduled vacation days for scale house employee. Make incoming/outgoing material tickets using PC Scale program. Enter pricing for outgoing material shipments and scan documents into computer for our records. Enter weights from production for end of day materials into spreadsheet.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook
· Must have excellent organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· We will provide training on logistics management