Seeking skilled Fabricators who can perform a variety of welding functions. The individual should be familiar with and capable of using several types of welding equipment. A welder is also required to perform other miscellaneous tasks, as supervision deems necessary.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
· Operate safety equipment and apply safe work habits
· Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly/tacking and or welding using prescribed fixtures and proper work procedures
· Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as, gas metal arc, flux- cored arc, shielded metal arc, within the parameters outlined in work procedures
· Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment
· Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
· Monitor welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material
· Determine required equipment and welding methods via established work procedures and apply proper welding techniques
· Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment
· Must have a basic welding aptitude, 2-year technical degree or related work experience
· Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Must be able to push and pull a minimum of 100lbs.
· Must be able to work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects
· Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.