Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of existing tools. May modify or create designs in CAD software in order to program and run CNC equipment. Works closely with Engineering and Production to ensure timely delivery of production ready tools. Reports to the President but will receive work requests from Engineering and Production in order to streamline the process.
Education/Experience: High school diploma, 5 years’ experience in the Mold Making trade.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Able to read blue prints and create tool models using SolidWorks or other CAD related software.
2. Use manual and automated equipment to create new tooling and repair current tooling.
3. Change inserts in current tooling for production.
4. Maintain and clean current tooling for production.
5. Perform routine maintenance on machines.
6. Monitor mold components and request parts for completion.
7. Able to calculate shrinkage dimensions and able to do trigonometry functions.
8. Maintain calibration on own measuring tools.
9. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
10. Be aware of schedule in order to meet delivery dates.