The Plant Sorter can work in various sorting location sorting recycling material such as paper, plastic containers, and cardboard from a moving conveyor. The job requires standing for 8-10 hours a day sorting recyclable materials and the goal is to separate materials from a mixed stream of recyclables. Depending on the sorting station, a sorter can also remove unwanted material such as plastic bags, wood or other materials from the conveyor. The other main goal for a sorter is to prevent contamination of recycled products produced.
· Responsible for reporting on time and utilizing time clock.
· Responsible for wearing Personal Protection Equipment PPE while in production area.
· Responsible for following all safety guidelines and company employment manual.
· Able to move to different sorting location as needed by Management.
· Follow cleanup detail as needed.