We are seeking a Staff Accountant to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the bookkeeping functions of Cutting Edge Steel. As Staff Accountant, the position is responsible for payroll, accounts payable, and other work as needed in the accounting department.
· High School Diploma with business classes. Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis.
· Knowledge of accounting principles and revenue recognition.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and billing/accounting systems, including Construction Accounting Software.
· Three (3) years of experience with a 10 million dollar or larger company. Experience is necessary in maintaining the proper records, updating those records as necessary, and observing all state and federal regulations.
· Having the ability to work with other employees and keep all lines of communication open amongst the office, shop, and external sources.
· Construction Industry experience is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Payroll experience is required
· Construction accounting/ Construction Software background is preferred
· Updating Vendor files in Viewpoint
Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
We are located just outside of the beautiful Rocky Mountains as well as the heart of Denver so if you enjoy the refreshing outdoors or the fast-paced city life, we are in the middle of it all!
Other benefits working for Cutting Edge Steel are:
· Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
· Employee Medical Insurance
· Ancillary Insurance Items such as dental, vision, life, and disability are available to you at your discretion through payroll deduction.
· After 1 year of employment, eligibility in our 401(k) Program.