One of the Nation’s leading Stair & Rail Manufacturers is seeking a Project Manager with experience in steel. A successful candidate will have the following skills:
· Analytical, technical thought process
· Direct communication style
· Responsive to some disruption, change, and time pressure
· Ability to interpret contract and fabrication drawings
· A resourceful approach to accomplishing their work
· Ability to handle multiple projects
· Enjoys variety in their work day
· Good keyboard/computer skills
· Basic knowledge of various software systems
· Understanding of construction processes
A Project Manager will have the following responsibilities and duties:
· Ensures the coordination of jobs from bid acceptance/job approval through the scheduling, material ordering, production, shipping/delivery and billing functions.
· Creating, prior to commencement of the job with information provided, a detailed time line, which includes each phase of the job in sufficient detail to enable tracking the progress of the job on a daily basis, and a job cost evaluation.
· Arranging for and scheduling necessary sub-contractor work and submitting sufficient information to the sub-contractor regarding their scope of work and the proposed timing of the project to enable them to plan for the timely performance of their functions.
· Coordinate with the in-house work team and advise them of the details of the job, the proposed time line and budgetary constraints.
· Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all reports, client communications, company billings (including change orders), records and files assigned to this function, and any disputes are quickly resolved.
· Ensures the preparation of all job tabulations, schedules and documents.
· Maintain a positive attitude with all employees, vendors, and customers and support the company in all decisions.
· Interpret Contract and shop drawings.
· Track deadlines for drawing review, submittal, return, release for production, and delivery/installation.
· Assemble and submit documents for RFI’s, CO’s, Drawings, and other communications and submittals.We have a reputation in the industry for our safety, quality, efficiency, and how we take care of our people. This is achieved by employing quality people who work together as a team in accomplishing goals. Respond to learn more