One of the Nation’s leading Stair & Rail Manufacturers is seeking a Purchasing Agent with experience in steel. We have a reputation in the industry for our safety, quality, efficiency, and how we take care of our people. This is achieved by employing quality people who work together as a team in accomplishing goals.
A successful candidate will have the following skills:
· Analytical, technical thought process
· Direct communication style
· Responsive to some disruption, change, and time pressure
· Ability to interpret drawings and assemble accurate bill of materials
· A resourceful approach to accomplishing their work
· Ability to handle multiple projects
· Enjoys variety in their work day
· Good keyboard skills
· Basic knowledge of various software systems
A Purchasing Agent will have the following responsibilities and duties:
· Interpret shop drawings and assemble accurate bill of materials.
· Ensure the proper materials are ordered and received in a timely manner as to prevent delays in production.
· Purchase materials and subcontract work at the best possible value
· Coordinate with the in-house work team on any discrepancies in materials or schedules.
· Ensure the accuracy and current status of all reports, communications, records and files assigned to this function.
· Assist the Project Management Team with documentation
· Track deadlines for drawing review, submittal, return, and release for production
· Assemble and submit documents for RFI’s, CO’s, Drawings, and other communications and submittals.
Respond to learn more.