Saw Operator - Dacono, CO
Go back to the job list
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Three plus (3+) years in a relevant area-
mechanical, technical, painting, and/ or machining experience.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: English communication
(written & verbal) skills; Ability to receive/read instructions and
implement specific instructions; Ability to review prints; Ability to
figure angle/pitch from rise & run; Must have basic understanding of
angles; Knowledge of all cutting types – Band Saw, Torch, Plasma, and
Shear; Knowledge of notching, punching, and Press Brake functions;
Knowledge of roll equipment; Knowledge of different material types (e.g.
carbon steel, stainless, and aluminum.)
- Standing for long periods of time, with the majority of
the time spent in a smoking, noisy machine and fabrication shop
environment. Walking is required within the office and shop areas. This
position also requires turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping,
bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists, fingers, use of eyes and
requiring ears and voice in English. Due to the responsibilities of
production, must lift up to 75 lbs. The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Must have a basic set of hand tools.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Familiarize and utilize all standard operating
procedures in relation to band saws, iron worker, plasma torch, etc.
- Ensure that product standards, both as to quality and
quantity are met.
- Interpret weld symbols, dimensions, and materials on
- Apply all safety measures when working in the shop and
with machines/ hand tools.
- Maintain a positive attitude with all employees,
vendors, and customers and support the company in all decisions.
- Other tasks as requested by the Shop Foreman or
We are located just outside of the beautiful
Rocky Mountains as well as the heart of Denver so if you enjoy the refreshing
outdoors or the fast-paced city life, we are in the middle of it all!
Other benefits working are:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Medical Insurance
- Ancillary Insurance Items such as dental, vision, life,
and disability are available to you at your discretion through payroll
- After 1 year of employment, eligibility in our 401(k)