Packer - Fridley, MN
Go back to the job list
- Packs parts per instructions per Sales Order or Shift Foremen
- May work in manual and automated process
- May work in the capacity of Plater and/or Racker as necessary and when required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct visual and physical part measurement as directed
- Returning non-conforming product to Production for rework if possible
- Communicate required adjustments to QA/AC Manager and Production.
- Removes work pieces from devices: hooks, racks, and cathode bars
- Dries work pieces via compressed air station
- Measure, weigh and count parts and verify with Sales Orders
- Records parts, packaging and other information on designated forms and/or records
- Identifies and removes defective parts
- Seals boxes, cartons, containers, bags, etc. using glues, fasteners, nails and hand tools
- Line-up, pad, secure, etc. boxes, cartons, containers, bags, etc.
- Clean supporting containers, materials, supplies, etc. in work area as directed
- Removes buildup of plating materials from racks using a hammer and/or compressed air and coats racks with appropriate material(s)
- Set-up, start-up and operate plating or coating equipment to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, nickel or other metals to product in order to decorate surfaces. Includes electrolytic processes.
- Immerse objects to be plated or coated into cleaning solutions or spray of conductive solutions to prepare for the plating process.
- Periodically assists in draining solutions, cleaning and refilling tanks