Shop Foreman (3rd Shift) - Dacono, CO
Go back to the job list
We are currently looking for an experienced and dependable full-time shop foreman who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Our shop foreman is a front-line supervisor who plans, organizes, and controls the operations of the shop as well as supervises, trains, and develops production personnel.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 10+ years’ experience in Misc. Metals Fabrication with experience in managing personnel
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Must have the skills and knowledge to perform all operations related to the fabrication process with the ability to teach and instruct others.
- Standing for long periods of time, with most of the time spent in a smoking, noisy machine and fabrication shop environment. Walking is required within the office and shop areas. This position also requires turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists, fingers, use of eyes and requiring ears and voice in English. Due to the responsibilities of production, must lift to 75 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hire, train, instruct, motivate, and monitor all shop production and delivery personnel.
- Distribute work load to production personnel in an efficient manner while keeping appropriate man hours to meet production schedule needs for our customers.
- Monitor and improve the safe work habits of employees, the efficiency of the shop, and the quality of production.
- Make daily/ weekly lean improvements and suggestions within the company and with outside resources.
- Assist with employee reviews and discipline employees as needed and according to company policy.
- Any other responsibilities as directed by the production manager.
We are located just outside of the beautiful Rocky Mountains as well as the heart of Denver so if you enjoy the refreshing outdoors or the fast-paced city life, we are in the middle of it all!
Other benefits working for Cutting Edge Steel are:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Medical Insurance
- Ancillary Insurance Items such as dental, vision, life, and disability are available to you at your discretion through payroll deduction.
- After 1 year of employment, eligibility in our 401(k) Program.