Fast paced and growing contract Sheet Metal Fabricator andManufacture looking to expand Fabrication Department. The Turret Operator willbe responsible for the operation of turret punch press to produce metal partson a production basis.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
· Responsible for proper completion of production related paperwork.
· Reads work orders and somewritten fabrication instructions used in production.
· Interacts withEngineering, Purchasing, Scheduling, Machine Shop and Assembly to ensure timelycompletion of work.
· Produces production partsfrom sheet metal including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, etc.
· Operates sheet metalfabrication tools (e.g.; shear, brake, punch press, etc.); this includescomputer controlled equipment.
· Sets up sheet metalfabrication equipment to product parts according to mechanical drawings.
· Responsible for quality ofparts fabricated including compliance with required specifications.
· Selects appropriatemeasuring tools for verification of parts to specification.
· Verifies parts usingmeasuring tools (e.g., calipers, micrometers, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned.