Fast paced and growing contract Sheet Metal Fabricator and Manufacture looking to expand Fabrication Department. The Turret Operator will be responsible for the operation of turret punch press to produce metal parts on a production basis.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILTIES AND DUTIES
· Responsible for proper completion of production related paperwork.
· Reads work orders and some written fabrication instructions used in production.
· Interacts with Engineering, Purchasing, Scheduling, Machine Shop and Assembly to ensure timely completion of work.
· Produces production parts from sheet metal including aluminum, steel, stainless steel, etc.
· Operates sheet metal fabrication tools (e.g.; shear, brake, punch press, etc.); this includes computer controlled equipment.
· Sets up sheet metal fabrication equipment to product parts according to mechanical drawings.
· Responsible for quality of parts fabricated including compliance with required specifications.
· Selects appropriate measuring tools for verification of parts to specification.
· Verifies parts using measuring tools (e.g., calipers, micrometers, etc.)
· Other duties as assigned.