OVERVIEW: Full-time Maintenance Welder/Helper to support the maintenance department in their aim to efficiently maintain equipment and facilities. Additional characteristic skills include a proactive and adaptive approach towards managing maintenance projects, proper attendance, and dependability. Bilingual in Spanish is extremely helpful and a positive.
The key element to this position is maintaining and repairing processing equipment using knowledge of mechanical assembly, preventive maintenance, and welding skills to assure optimal operation. This role will work the second shift from 3:00pm to 11:30pm with occasional overtime, and supporting the company’s senior maintenance staff as required.
- Complete intermediate level welding and maintenance work requiring welding with good precision
- Experience in industrial maintenance field with the ability to work on repairing processing equipment, conveyor belts, and hydraulic equipment.
- Preventive Maintenance and repair assistance with forklifts, skid steer, and front loaders.
- Provide general help to (Mechanics, Welders, etc.) in their efforts to maintain company equipment and vehicles
- Ability to prepare and maintain maintenance documentation and maintenance log.
- Maintain the general cleanup of shop area and assist with cleanup projects as needed.
- Required to work overtime hours, one or two Saturdays per month as needed.
- At least 2-5 years of diverse welding experience on various sized equipment and materials, including fabrication and adjustment related welding
- Extensive experience maintaining and servicing mechanical equipment such as cars, light trucks and/or heavy equipment. Must be capable of conducting basic repairs and be able to take direction from red seal mechanics on tasks
- Experienced with metal fabrication and adjustment
- Sound knowledge of mechanical machinery and the tools used to maintain them
- Ability to operate a variety of hand tools and power tools
- Ability to operate small and large equipment such as forklifts, skid steer loaders and a man lift is an asset.
- The right candidate must be physically fit, able to climb ladders 20+ feet from time to time, lifting up to 40lbs, and navigating repairs in varying conditions including outdoor environments exposed to the elements.