We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill a full-time role in the Erie area. The hours for this temp-hire position are Monday-Thursday 6:30am-4:00pm and Fridays 7am-11am.
The pay is $15 an hour (with quarterly bonuses and annual raises).
This is your chance to get your foot in the door with an amazing company that truly cares about its employees!
The company offers its employees a great benefits package!
Individual will need to be comfortable using a variety of equipment to perform work (i.e., bead blasters, cold saw, bench grinder, and polishing wheel) and verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
• Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers. Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
• May operate forklift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to freight trucks
· Responsible for cutting, blasting, straightening, grinding, and polishing material as required in work orders and/or procedures
• Reads and interprets procedures and prints to ensure successful completion of work orders
• Must be mechanically inclined
• HS Diploma or GED is preferred
• 0-3 years, full-time experience in a production-type atmosphere or equivalent trade
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and equipment, measurement devices, shop mathematics, basic materials and processes used in shipping/manufacturing
• Must possess the ability to lift at least 50 pounds
• Knowledge of the use, care and maintenance of required tools and equipment both specialized and common
Applications without resumes will NOT be considered! Please forward your updated resume for IMMEDIATE consideration!
1 week paid vacation
12- paid holidays 1-paid 'Birthday holiday'