Operates and monitors basic automatic and semi-automatic machines used in the production of the company’s product. Operates under close supervision. Typically reports to a Supervisor or Production Manager. Usually has less than 18 months of experience in injection molding manufacturing equipment operation.
Essential Duties and
90% Operates and monitors automatic and semi-automatic machines used in the production of the company’s product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Review the scheduling form for press assignments.
2. Read the manufacturing plan for the assigned job.
3. Read the quality plan for any at the press quality checks.
4. Notify the supervisor of excessive amount of rejects.
5. Monitor the material hopper so machine does not run out of material.
6. Take the time to train the next operator at the shift change.
7. Fill out daily production sheets accurately.
8. Label all bags and boxes per manufacturing plan.
9. Maintain a clean and safe work area.
10. Report any unsafe conditions.
11. Clean the machine and empty the wastebaskets per cleaning schedule.
10% Daily end of shift cleaning.
Skills, and Environment
Education and Work Experience
Usually has less than 18 months of experience in manufacturing equipment operation.
Knowledge and Skills
Basic time management, communications, decision making, and organization skills. Basic math skills. Must be able to communicate, read and write in English.
Calipers and other measuring equipment, calculator, and scales.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Fast paced Injection molding manufacturing environment. Exposure to hazards associated with manufacturing equipment and tools. Low level of stress may occur. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. No makeup, perfume/cologne, nail polish or open toe shoes.