Maintenance Administrative Assistant - Denver, CO
Go back to the job list
The Maintenance Administrative Assistant will support an industrial manufacturing facility and assist in coordinating general maintenance services. The Maintenance Administrative Assistant will assist in contacting vendors and requesting price quotations, information, and scheduling appointments as needed. This role is expected to provide excellent customer service to employees in all departments responding to requests and provide administrative support to Maintenance and Facilities departments as well as other cross-functional departments. Administrative duties include data entry, create/update spreadsheets, filing documents, creating/updating work orders, administrative supplies inventory management, and work within the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. This position must ensure strict adherence with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), regulatory compliance (such as FDA, DEA, and EPA), and all corporate policies and procedures.
- This position will support an industrial manufacturing facility and will coordinate general maintenance services for the Denver facility.
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, coordinates general maintenance services for the Denver facility.
- Ensures compliance with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), regulatory compliance (such as FDA, DEA, and EPA), and adheres to all corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains records of all equipment calibration, PM, and work order activities.
- Administrative duties include data entry, create/update spreadsheets, filing documents, creating/updating work orders, and manage the company’s ERP systems.
- Assists with visitor control systems and processes (checking in visitors, issuing badges, escorting visitors and contractors).
- Generates weekly metrics from Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and relevant sources to track department performance (resource utilization, equipment reliability and effectiveness of preventive maintenance) to aid in identifying improvement opportunities.
- Generates monthly maintenance metrics reports for use to present performance trends to a cross function audience.
- With direction from the Maintenance Lead Mechanic and/or Maintenance Coordinator, will contact and schedule appointments with vendors.
- On a weekly basis, will enter time tracking data into SAP for maintenance department payroll processing.
- Utilize SAP software to prepare and execute purchase requisitions in support of maintenance activities and objectives.
- Provides administrative support to Maintenance and Facilities department as well as project support to other cross-functional departments.
- Assists with sorting and delivering US mail and interoffice mail.
- Assists with preparing invoices for approval and submission for payment.
- Maintains inventory of administrative supplies and orders as needed.
- Assist with collecting bids and evaluating vendors for purchases, service agreements, and contracts.
- Supports various departments by providing maintenance documentation, as required.
- Performs other duties as directed by immediate management.
Education & Experience:
Degree in related field and 2+ years’ experience; OR high school diploma (or equivalent) and 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment (pharmaceutical, biotech, food manufacturer or electronics preferred).
Certificates or Licenses:
Certification in Microsoft Office (preferred), and certifications in trades (preferred).
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; SharePoint (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems; SAP knowledge preferred.
- Ability to present a professional image.
- Ability to handle difficult people in a calm and tactful manner.
- Ability to deal with job interruptions.
- Ability to be discrete when exposed to confidential information.
- Excellent verbal communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Fast, proficient, and accurate typist
- Outstanding communicator, both orally and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them
- Familiar with common office equipment (printers, copier, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and exceptional organization skills
- Experience with complex file management
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker
- Professional demeanor