Job Summary: The maintenance technician is responsible for performing service and repairs on plant manufacturing equipment including production equipment, overhead cranes, hoppers, conveyor belts, stationary mixers, wire rollers and/or industrial vibrators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Troubleshoot and diagnose plant manufacturing equipment during production.
· Schedule and perform mechanical, hydraulic and/or pneumatic repairs on production equipment as needed.
· Ensure safety guidelines are followed always and properly documented
· Provide emergency & unscheduled repairs of production equipment
· Perform general purpose steel fabrication and welding.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform necessary repairs and/or equipment service.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, material handling equipment, welders and torches in performing duties.
· Weld parts to equipment during repairs or installations.
· Maintain working areas in clean and orderly condition.
· Obtain quotes on parts and supplies and install parts to machinery as needed.
· Communicate with vendors to ensure equipment is properly maintained and installed.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in plant manufacturing equipment maintenance.
· Pro-active, multi-tasked, self-motivated team player and positive attitude is a must.
· Strong hydraulic, mechanical, welding and industrial experience including hydraulic pumps, electric motors, conveyor belts, steel fabrication and overhead cranes.
· Electrical license preferred, not required
· Compensation commensurate with work experience, work history and industry knowledge.