Assists Purchasing Agent by compiling information, process sheets and drawings to prepare job folders, filing drawings and quotations, following up with external vendors, and may assist in preparing purchase orders for procurement of parts and materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Compiles drawings, process sheets, material forms and other information
- Issues job routers/folders to engineering or manufacturing
- Files folders and job-related paperwork
- May enter orders and other data into ERP system and initiate job orders
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests
- Verifies inventory records to determine if material is on-hand and in sufficient quantity
- Follows-up with vendors for quotes and delivery schedules (phone and email)
- Data entry for Purchasing and/or Accounts Payable
- Compute total expense based on quantities, pricing
- Back up and assist Procurement Team when needed; acts as Purchasing Agent
- Quality and Safety oriented and work in team environment
A successful candidate will be mechanically inclined and comfortable working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and is detail oriented, and takes pride in their work, and has a strong ability to work with other individuals.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or GED equivalent (3 years or more work experience)
- Ability to perform data entry and have basic understanding of Excel
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
Offers competitive hourly wages dependent on skill level and experience, health insurance plan that includes major medical and dental, 401k plan, and holidays and vacation.