Racker - Fridley, MN
Go back to the job list
The Racker can set-up, operate and/or tend plating or coating equipment to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, nickel or other metals to product in order to decorate surfaces by attaching parts to racks via a variety of hook/attachment configurations. Includes electrolytic processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes quality and organizational mission by completing assigned tasks as directed
- Set-up, operate and/or tend plating or coating equipment to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, nickel or other metals to product in order to decorate surfaces. Includes electrolytic processes.
- Immerse objects to be plated or coated into cleaning solutions or spray of conductive solutions to prepare for the plating process.
- Removes work pieces from devices: hooks, racks, and cathode bars
- Examines work pieces for plating defects
- Dries work pieces via compressed air station
- Measure, weigh and count parts and verify with Sales Orders
- Clean supporting containers, materials, supplies, etc. in work area as directed
- Removes buildup of plating materials from racks using a hammer and/or compressed air and coats racks with appropriate material(s)
MINIMUM qualifications required to perform all essential functions
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 0-1 year or equivalent manufacturing/production experience
- Satisfactory past work record
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Detailed oriented
- Knowledge and use of basic measuring equipment
- Basic mathematical computations (including metric)