|St. Paul, MN|
CMG is currently hiring for a Production Supervisor at one of our St. Paul clients.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reports to: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Entity/Location: St. Paul
Job Summary: The Production Supervisor directs the manufacturing and distribution functions of a department, assuring timely and efficient production and distribution of high-quality products at the least cost and the preservation of plant assets.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
Directly supervises production hourly employees in manufacturing activities of an assigned production area in such a manner that approved quality products are manufactured and/or delivered on schedule and within specifications and cost requirements.
· Directs work group or department to assure on-time production and/or delivery
· Selects and trains employees to produce at standard-and-above efficiency.
· Responsible for maintaining quality standards.
· Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and positive relationships.
· Responsible for teaching safe work practices, good housekeeping procedures and seeing that they are adhered to.
· Responsible for having machines and/or equipment kept in good repair.
· Recommends changes or improvement in methods, equipment, handling or lay-out.
· Responsible for accuracy of required administrative reports and record keeping.
· Responsible for controlling absenteeism, scrap and waste.
· Frequent contact with office staff giving and/or receiving information.
· Completes all other projects assigned by supervisor.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Knowledge and use of lean manufacturing techniques
· Proven experience leading, guiding and coaching employees
· Strong analytic and strategic problem solving ability
· Able to interface with all levels of management and at multiple levels within a business organization
· Excellent planning, organization, and prioritization skills
Education: High school graduate or GED; college degree preferred
Experience: Three years’ experience in supervising others and maintaining efficient and productive work groups.
· Skills in developing, communicating and maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with and among employees.
· Ability to communicate effectively with employees and all levels of management
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a practical, methodical way while preserving sense of urgency
· Solid computer skills, to include data entry, Excel, and Word
· To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Computer Skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and SharePoint
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
· Fast-paced plant operations environment.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods, to sit and talk or hear.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
· The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
· Safety glasses are required PPE.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.