|St. Paul, MN|
Job Title: Inventory Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Salary Non-exempt
Job Summary: Manage and control the levels of inventory in the assembly plants, reducing the cost to carry inventory and meet the demand requirements.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
· Perform daily cycle counts of inventory items and make adjustments in ERP System if necessary.
· Distribute daily scrap and substitution reports, then collect at the end of production and make all necessary adjustments.
· Perform daily functions without any disruptions to production.
· Know and understand all ‘Standard Operation Procedures’.
· Maintain a log book surrounding any changes, problems, shortages, excess, and obsolescence of any inventory item.
· Maintain metrics regarding inventory for presenting to Senior Management the gains or losses of inventory asset costs.
· Know the component items used in mattress/foundation production and the degree of daily usage to be able to strategically locate on the shop floor for easy access during production.
· Maintain min/max levels in ERP System based on historical usage and peak season factors for system generated suggested orders.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
· Communication Skills - Clearly articulates ideas and information
· Team Player - Contributes effectively to team performance; does own fair share and willingly supports others
· Problem Solving – the ability to work through details of a situation to reach a solution
· Accountability & Initiative – Understands how personal role fits into functional and company Adaptability & Resilience – Can comfortably shift among multiple tasks and initiatives
· Business Acumen - Knows the industry and competition as it relates to job function; Stays current with technical/functional knowledge and developing trends
· Prior employment in inventory warehousing.
· Must have inventory management and control experience in manufacturing environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs.
· Ability to learn quickly processes and procedures.
· Good quantitative aptitude skills.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Reports to the Director of Manufacturing
· Works closely with the Perpetual Inventory Team
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein.