|New York, NY|
The Site Buyer I is responsible for routine MRO procurement transactions within SOS 2001, and/or the client’s CMMS system. The Buyer ensures materials are accurately ordered and received within the site’s procurement system. This position is responsible for orders to be processed and expedited in a timely and efficient manner, and employs problem solving methods to resolve issues with delivery, price or any other order issues. It is incumbent upon the Buyer to develop and maintain strong client relationships, keep an open line of communication, and maintain control of all aspects of purchasing.
· Follow all site Safety and Security Procedures at all times, attend required safety trainings.
· Responsible for finding and achieving cost savings through sourcing of new suppliers, manufacturers and distributors. Exceed contractual guaranteed savings requirements by looking for savings opportunities, negotiating best price and by finding ways to improve profitability for our clients.
· Maintain the vendor database and setup local vendors as needed. Use preferred vendors suggested by corporate office as often as possible.
· Generate purchase orders (PO’s) using SOS 2001 or client CMMS purchasing system. Verify quoted prices when generating a PO for any item including reorders.
· Expedite orders, manage status of purchasing needs via the creation of Non-Stock and Stock PO using the site’s “Open Order Report” Regularly check Open Order Report and communicate delays or issues to supervisor and client as required. Ensure timely delivery of items, keeping supervisor and client informed of delivery issues.
· Maintain open lines of communication by establishing and building relationships with client’s employees, including middle and upper management.
· Run reports on a timely basis including the Buyer Activity Report, On Order Report and any other purchasing reports required.
· Obtain quotes on items not pre-sourced. Source competitive price quotes for items that are not covered under the manager agreement. Review PO acknowledgement documenting any price changes in procurement system and update new prices on PO with date and any other pertinent information.
· Review invoices for price and/or quantity discrepancies and follow guidelines to resolve discrepancies, with a focus of assisting Site Manager or Supervisor in reducing discrepancies (IDRs).
· Work with Site Manager to streamline processes and implement quality improvements, documenting any changes into the SOS system or site SOP.
· Adhere to min/max levels as required at specific site.
· May perform duties of Attendant.
· Two year degree required; four-year college degree is preferred. Experience on the job in lieu of a degree may be considered.
· CPM/APICS desirable
· 2-3 years of MRO Purchasing experience
· Basic knowledge of MRO materials
· Computer literacy – Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office and ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency in the use of the SOS 2001 system, or client CMMS.