One position is on 1st shift (Monday thru Friday, 7:30 to 4 pm) and the other is on 2nd shift (Monday thru Friday 2 pm to 10 pm
Under minimal supervision, this position will perform skilled duties in the repair of manufacturing machines and general maintenance of production equipment. Job duties may include hazardous waste management responsibilities that involve handling, marking/labeling, storing and preparing for shipments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employees are expected to support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies of the company, including a variety of job related tasks which may not be specific to this position profile.
· Troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems on equipment.
· Work with design department to implement improvements to equipment.
· Responsible for the building of equipment including both mechanical assemblies and electrical circuits.
· Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment to reduce production downtime.
· Repair, replace and/or add necessary parts to return equipment to production.
· Must play an active role as a member of the Spill Response Team.
· Apply continuous improvement/lean concepts to identify and eliminate non-value added tasks and/or activities.
· Timely and regular attendance.
· Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
High School degree, or equivalent. Two years Vocational Technical Degree or equivalent and five years’ experience required. Must read and understand blueprints and wiring diagrams. Must have a thorough understanding of computers and PLC programming logic. Excellent problem solving and resolution skills. Must be able to draw understandable sketches. Working knowledge of servo/stepper motor drives and controls. Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must own or be willing to purchase personal hand tools. Must work well with others. Must have good reasoning skills and be a logical thinker. Will be required to work in confidential areas and with confidential information. Must have good writing skills for documentation of machine information within a maintenance log system.
· Lifting 50-100 pounds.
· Walking between buildings, including times of inclement weather.
· May require ladder climbing.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks.
· Ability to work without direct supervision.
· Standard working conditions. May be exposed to objectionable elements but only occasionally, such as noise and fumes.
· Accidents or health hazards negligible. Remote possibility of injury.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS AND PRESENCE OF SUPERVISION:
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.