The Customer Service Representative is responsible for handling the administrative and customer service functions within the customer service department. This position will respond to customer inquiries and make sure any problems are quickly resolved. This role is the first point of contact for customers and must be able to represent them effectively while maintaining the integrity and reliability for the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Coordinates the scheduling of products with external customers to meet requests; requires communication and planning via phone, email and fax with the customer.
· Enters order information into the ERP/JDE system; requires verifying pricing, part number, quantity, lead time, quality documentation and requirements and then prints and distributes the production notification accordingly; updates the order in JDE as needed.
· Oversees the customer email folders for inquiry, priority and emergency requests; requires responding accordingly to emergency requests within four hours of receipt and priority and inquiry needs within one business day.
· Works with intercompany contacts at Marketing Companies and other plant locations to coordinate appropriate delivery schedules that will meet customer requests.
· Distributes early warning report as needed to appropriate individuals for communicating late deliveries and confirming new anticipated delivery dates.
· Oversees customer issues and complaints – escalates issues to manager when necessary.
· Coordinates and issues RMA’s (return material authorization) with external customers. Work with Quality after evaluation of returned parts to determine return of the product or manufacture replacement. Update order in JDE as required.
· Assists with credit hold issues as needed; includes working with the customer and Controller to resolve concerns and complaints.
· Delivers customer service in all interactions and communications with internal and external, customers, Marketing Companies, and other plant facilities.
· Supports and enhances the facility’s reputation by accurately and consistently providing answers to order issues that arise.
· Manages hard copy files for open orders. Prepares closed order files for scanning and transfer into Qualtrax.
· Applies company guidelines and procedures consistently as they relate to customer service.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. This position should have 2-4 years previous experience with customer service and order management in a manufacturing environment and previous experience working with an ERP system; JDE experience preferred. Experience with 5S and Lean Manufacturing a plus.
· Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Must have advance customer service skills and ability to provide the highest level of customer service in all situations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to remain calm when escalated customer issues arise.
· Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
· Should have ERP experience and an understanding of how an ERP system works.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
· Knowledge of materials and material requirements as they relate to customer orders.
· Must have knowledge of purchase order requirements.
This position is located in the administrative offices of a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged sitting, standing, and walking. Requires manual dexterity for typing and considerable time at a computer. This position will spend about 15% of their time on the production floor where heavy machinery is present and loud sounds exist.
· Safety Glasses and closed toe shoes to be worn at all times when on the production floor.