Laser Operator - 1st Shift - Plymouth, MN
Go back to the job list
Corporate Management Groups iscurrently hiring for a Laser Operator at our Plymouth Minnesota, J&ECompanies location.
Shift: 1st shift, Monday –Thursday 6:30am – 3:30pm and Friday 6:30am – 12:30pm
Pay: $18.00 -$21.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Job Summary:Operate 1 to 2 Amada Lasers. Previous experience with Amada Pulsar Lasers preferred. Experience with Amada turrets is anadded bonus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Centering the laser beam in the cutting nozzle.
- Loading programs from the company network.
- Editing machine code for optimal part cutting performance and machine time.
- Physical inspection of edge quality and the ability to make machine changes if required.
- Inspecting part to match customer blue print with knowledge of calipers and micrometers.
- Completing Engineering Change Order if the part has an error in the machine code or discrepancy with blue print.
- Physically removing the parts from the sheets that they are cut from and stacking parts.
- Operation of Automated Loading platforms including troubleshooting of loader components.
- Use of hand tools including files and angle grinders to remove sharp edges and micro-joints.
- Clean machine perimeter and remove scrap from cutting bins.
- General machine maintenance and collaboration with maintenance department for any machine malfunctions or defects.
- Loading and Unloading Automated platforms of completed part stacks or raw material using forklift trucks and hoists.
- Accurately document completed parts, material used, and labor times.
- Ability to multi-task when the machine is running automatically. Extra tasks may include:
- Shaking parts from completed sheets
- Grinding part tabs or edges
- Tapping and Countersinking
- Protective Vinyl Removal
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and obey all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Microsoft Office Proficient.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts, and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Forklifts (stand-up and sit-down)
· G-Code (machine code)
· Angle grinders
· Gauge (material thickness) andmaterial types (Aluminum, Mild Steel, 304/430 Stainless Steel, GalvanizedSteel)
· Basic Geometry (Diameter, Radius,Line, and Arc) and Arithmetic used for measuring
- Long Term Employment
- Full time hours with overtime as needed
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Shift Differential for 3rd shift
- Overtime - Depending on production needs
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $150 Referral Bonus!
Interested applicants are encouragedto call or apply in person at:
Corporate Management Group
404 Broadway Avenue Saint Paul Park, MN 55071