Turret Operator - Weekends - Plymouth, MN
Go back to the job list
Corporate Management Groups iscurrently hiring for a Turret Operator at our Plymouth Minnesota location.
Shift:Weekends / Friday – Sunday / 6:00am – 6:30pm (Work 36 hours, get paid a full 40hours.)
Pay: $18.00 -$21.00 per hour
Job Summary:Operate 1 to 2 Amada Turrets. Previous experience with Amada turrets preferred. Experience with Amada lasers is an addedbonus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Print set-up sheets and pulling appropriate tooling required for the job.
- Assembling tools in appropriate holders with proper orientation of dies and punches.
- Shimming dies at appropriate heights.
- Setting tools to appropriate lengths and inputting tooling data to machine.
- Loading programs from the company network.
- Editing machine code for correct tooling stations per job setup sheets.
- Editing machine code (M-codes) for optimal part punching performance and machine time.
- Setup and test special forming tools or countersinks for correct height and shape.
- Physical inspection of edge quality and the ability to make tooling changes or sharpening if required.
- Inspecting part to match customer blue print with knowledge of calipers and micrometers.
- Completing Engineering Change Order if the part has an error in the machine code or discrepancy with blue print.
- Physically removing the parts from the sheets that they are punched from and stacking parts.
- Operation of Automated Loading platforms including troubleshooting of loader components.
- Use of hand tools including files and angle grinders to remove sharp edges and webbing.
- Clean machine perimeter and remove scrap from slug bins.
- General machine maintenance and collaboration with maintenance department for any machine malfunctions or defects.
- Loading and Unloading Automated platforms of completed part stacks or raw material using forklift trucks and hoists.
- Accurately document completed parts, material used, and labor times.
- Safe work habits with some knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Ability to multi-task when the machine is running automatically. Extra tasks can include:
- Shaking parts from completed sheets
- Grinding/Filing part tabs or edges
- Tapping and Countersinking
- Protective Vinyl Removal
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and obey all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Microsoft Office Proficient.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts, and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Hard tooling and Special FormingTools
· PPE (Personal Protective Equipment.)Specifically: gloves, glasses and boots.
· Forklifts (stand-up and sit down.)
· G-Code (machine code)
· Angle Grinders
· Gauge (material thickness) andMaterial types (Aluminum, Mild Steel, 304/430 Stainless Steel, GalvanizedSteel.)
· Basic Geometry (Diameter, Radius,Line, and Arc) and Arithmetic used for measuring
- Long Term Employment
- Full time hours with overtime as needed
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Shift Differential for 3rd shift
- Overtime - Depending on production needs
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $150 Referral Bonus!
Interested applicants are encouragedto call or apply in person at:
Corporate Management Group
404 Broadway Avenue Saint Paul Park, MN 55071