Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Cuts Cantilever, Helical and Slantcoil spring for seal production.
· Welds Cantilever, triple lot Helical and Slantcoil to obtain a proper spot weld with a direct current welder.
· Loads Cantilever, Helical and Slantcoil spring into seal jackets using various tools ensuring there are secured according to illustrated work instructions.
· Cleans and deburs seals as needed to ensure quality products.
· Follows procedures for pulling rosettes from sheet and forming with rosette punch.
· Follows procedures for second operations; includes using appropriate chemicals to complete etching and notching on seals.
· Follows procedures for “-000” spring assembly.
· For specified seals, ensures silicone is accurately filled in to cover spring.
· Advanced Assemblers will weld 32 cross section spring per illustrated work instructions.
· Duties includes labeling, packing, and following customer packaging procedures.
· Cross-trains in other areas including but not limited to injection molding, CNC and extrusion.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. This is an entry-level position that should have 0-1 year previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Ability to use various hand tools such as cutters, direct current (spot) welders and loading equipment.
· Must have basic knowledge of blueprints and work instructions.
· Must have working knowledge of micrometers and calipers
· Working knowledge of SPC (statistical process control)
· Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively in English both written and verbal
· Must have basic math skills to read and process work instructions
This position is located in a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, squatting, twisting, bending, and reaching throughout an entire eight to ten-hour shift. Must be able to move and handle varying sized products in bags and/or boxes in a dirty, dusty and noisy environment as well as industrial smells. Requires lifting up to 25 lbs. Requires working with measuring and cutting tools as well as a direct current welder.