PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include:
· Exhibits proficiency with manual lathes, mills and surface grinder machines.
· Performs drilling tapping and milling on manual mills.
· Experience working on FH8800 and E1550-5 axis machines
· Programs and makes offset adjustments on CNC lathes, mills and surface grinders
· Uses Gibbs or other CAD/CAM software as necessary
· Sets up and runs speed cell machines
· Works safely at all times
· Identifies and uses proper tools and gauging
· Applies knowledge of geometry and trigonometry as applicable to machining
· Demonstrates understanding of machining applications as they pertain to different materials
· Completes machining/speed cell work as needed to meet business requirements. Plans proper sequence of operations.
· Supports rework requirements for the assembly operation in a timely manner.
· Utilizes and has familiarity referencing the machinist handbook
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE EXPERIENCE SKILLS:
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
· Machining on-the-job experience and/or certification from appropriate vocational school
· Demonstrates ability to read and understand blueprints
· Demonstrates ability to follow basic verbal and/or written instructions
· Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Ability to work in a team environment, which includes communicating effectively with team members and support staff, being self-motivated, accepting responsibility for one’s own work, and actively participating as a team member in a proactive manner
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment: Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends. Ability to sit/ stand for extended periods.