Meat Grinder Position
Shift: 5:30am – 2pm M-F (some weekends required)
Since 1960, this local meat processing plant has used its Midwestern work-ethic to set the innovation bar high. And now, they’re looking to add to that same team. If you are hardworking, diligent, and wanting to join an established team with a great culture and positive work environment, look no further.
1. Set up all grinding equipment prior to daily operation and be able to perform pre-operative
2.Identify and gather all materials to be used for proper formulation. Then dump, scale, grind, and blend according to company specifications.
3. Be able to operate all grinding equipment.
4. Keep accurate production and raw material sheets as needed.
5. Keep product moved to blast freezer as quickly as possible.
6. Break down all grinding equipment for cleaning.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or lead.
MACHINERY: Grinding equipment, bone and gristle remover, snowing equipment, stuffer equipment, metal detector, anyl-ray and basic operating knowledge of Formax machines.
EQUIPMENT: Hand pallet jack, combos, luggers, carts, PPE, calculator, hand tools.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Standing on cement floor. Moderate to high noise. Temperature range of 30-50 degrees Fahrenheit.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without reasonable accommodation): Ability to lift/move 10-65 pounds continuously. Requires varying degrees of pushing, pulling (of 400-pound tubs), bending and lifting to move boxes. Must be able to continuously perform simple repetitive and manipulative tasks. Able to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles such as walking, reaching, climbing and stooping. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (eight-hour shift).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.50 per hour