Accounts Payable Specialist
Responsible for processing and maintaining accounts payable functions for all three companies. Interacts with BIH Purchasing staff, other Finance Team members, and outside vendors. Sets up and maintains AP vendor files.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or an essential function of the position. The company specifically reserves the right to re-align specific responsibilities from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive, match and review vendor invoices and paperwork.
· Account code and enter approved invoices.
· Generate payments to vendors.
· Reconcile and submit sales tax payments
· Other duties as assigned. This includes backup to other department functions.
· Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
· 2 or more years of relevant experience.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
· General understanding of accounting principles.
· Strong attention to detail, analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize independently.
· Highly ethical, self-motivated, professional with the ability to function as part of a team.