The CNC Programmer is responsible for developing advanced programs for fabricating parts on numerically controlled machine tools. Primarily lathe work with some milling.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· MasterCam programming for primarily lathes but also mills.
· Experience with post processors-working with vendors to customize post processors to mimic our specific machining processes.
· Experience with tooling and machining
· Comprehensive understanding of surface feet and feed rates
· Live tooling and multi axis (C and Y)
· Macro proficiency
· Setting up tool libraries
· Setting up material types with surface feet and feed rates
· Knowledge of various plastics as well as mild steels, stainless steels, Inconel and other materials.
· Mazak, Okuma, and Fanuc experience helpful.
· Help with design for custom tooling applications.
· Provide technical expertise and support to manufactuirng to solve production problems and increase efficiency.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. This position must have 7 or more years CNC lathe machining experience as well as programming using Mastercam X versions in a manufacturing environment. Experience with Fanuc, Okuma, and Mazak controls a plus. Experience with 5S, standard work, SMED and Lean Manufacturing a plus. Experience with SPC is also a plus.
· Demonstrated high level competency with MasterCam programming for lathes
· Must have the ability to troubleshoot problems and provide sustainable solutions
· Knowledge of materials and material requirements; including knowledge of nonconforming material procedure
· Advanced knowledge of machining/programming tools and processes.
· Knowledge of SPC a plus
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in English both written and verbal
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to follow through on all jobs and work with little supervision
· Must have ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities
· Must have a high level of attention to detail
· Must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
This position is located mainly at a desk but will require work in the CNC department of a manufacturing facility which requires standing, walking, squatting, twisting, bending, and reaching. Must be able to move and handle varying sized tools. Occasionally requires lifting up to 50 pounds and working with large machinery and cutting tools.
· Safety Glasses to be worn at all times when on the production floor
· Must wear appropriate PPE for all work activities performed; varies based on work