This position is responsible for setting up, operating, or tending a paint & epoxy system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Set up and operate paint, epoxy systems and sandblasting equipment.
Build mil thickness without quality defects including runs and knowledge of using a "Holiday
Operate auxiliary tools or equipment used in coating or painting processes.
Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards and make adjustments as necessary.
Set-up X-70 Epoxy and meet mil requirements
Experience in troubleshooting quality defects with paints, enamels & epoxy
Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections when mixing.
Measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before mixing them together in a two-part paint system.
Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
Manipulate valves, or switches to regulate air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
Repair and maintain paint and sandblasting equipment.
Clean and maintain work area to provide a safe and organized work environment.
Maintain production schedules and manage time to complete tasks while striving for zero defects.
Inspect product to verify that it meets coverage requirements using a mill measuring device.
Sand and roll paint for re-work items.
• High School diploma or GED. Proficient reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
• 1+ years' experience with industrial, construction and/or spray painting.
• Knowledge of various painting & epoxy methods and applications.
• Experience with epoxy, polyurethane and high solids coatings is preferred.
• Experience and ability with conventional spray systems and airless spray systems.
• Experience and ability applying paint with brush and roll.
• Skills to apply all types of coatings using various application methods.
• Ability to read, interpret and/or understand work and safety instructions provided in English in order to complete the essential functions of the job.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, operate machinery, mobile equipment, and computers.
Bending legs downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving object horizontally from position to position.
Perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction, to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discrimination in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on equipment or machines.
The visual acuity required including color, depth perception and field of those whose work includes the operation of trucks, forklifts, cranes and high lift equipment.
Heavy physical activity performing strenuous activities daily of a primarily productive/technical nature.
Outdoors and indoor shop environment with adequate ventilation.
Normal operating hours and days: Monday—Friday with weekends and nights as needed to meet customer needs.
40+ hours/week required according to the needs of the department; schedule set by Operations as needed to meet production schedules.