Summary of Position:
The Tech II position is responsible for the daily operation of heavy, moderately complex foundry equipment in a manufacturing environment. This position will work on a variety of equipment and may include; presses, mills, casters, shredders, ovens, annealers, alpurs and/or slitters. Tech II’s are responsible for ensuring that product is continuously flowing while visually inspecting to ensure quality standards and customer specifications are met.
The work schedule for Tech II’s will consist of 12 hour days (6:00 to 6:00), rotating 1st and 2nd shifts every 6 weeks.
- Read and interpret work and safety instructions, both verbal and written*
- Review schedule, work instructions, work logs and other company information by utilizing standard computer programs**
- Assess quality criteria for product, interpret deviations to set criteria specifications and take remedial action as necessary**
- Safe and efficient operation of machinery using Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) devices**
- Inspect, start-up, operate and adjust machinery to maintain specified parameters*
- Complete basic, periodic maintenance on machinery using hand tools and other equipment
- Operate forklift to transport product from one area to the other
- Safe and effectively use tools and/or equipment such as; broom, jackhammer, shovels, hand snips, pneumatic staplers, nail gun and/or drills to support product flow