Sheet Metal Fabrication - 1st Shift - Fridley, MN
Go back to the job list
Corporate Management Groups iscurrently hiring for a Sheet Metal Fabrication position at our Fridley company location.
Shift:1st Shift / Monday – Friday / 7:00am – 3:30pm
Pay: $15.00 -$16.00 per hour, depending on experience
Job Summary: Entry level sheet metal fabrication. Fabricates sheet metal parts using one or all of the following types ofmachines: brakes, shears, notches and turret punching machines. Performs some types of operations including set-up and machine operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities with an emphasis on safety.
- Operates most sheet metal machines such as brakes, shears, notches and turret punching machines.
- Receives work orders and prints and use shop calculations/math if necessary. Works from complex drawings, prints, templates and specifications.
- Use a variety of machines, hand tools, and measuring instruments to cut and form pieces to required dimensions.
- Performs highly diversified work involving close tolerances with a basic understanding of blank sizes and bend allowances. Uses precision measuring instruments to check for accuracy.
- Monitors machines at all times for proper operation.
- Works with close supervision in coordination with other team members and other departments in the company
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Notifies supervisor when sheet metal materials are not available in department storage.
- Continuous learning with regard to machine knowledge and ability in order to gain skills and proficiency in basic machine operation.
- Keeps assigned area clean and orderly.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts, and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- To performthis job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year or equivalent of manufacturing
- Ability to read and write in English in order to follow formulas
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Adetailed physical analysis is attached or can be provided.
Must be ableto lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly during the shift.
Requires avery high degree of precision in work where errors are costly and control,accuracy and delicate touch are required.
Must be able to stand or sit as needed for the entire shift.
Must havevery keen vision and hearing.
Must havegood physical strength and stamina, good hand-eye coordination and good dexterity in hand manipulation and muscle coordination.
- Long Term Employment
- Full time hours with overtime as needed
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Shift Differential for 3rd shift
- Overtime - Depending on production needs
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $200 Referral Bonus!
Interested applicants are encouraged to call or apply in person at:
Corporate Management Group
404 Broadway Avenue Saint Paul Park, MN 55071