Corporate Management Groups are currently hiring for a Sheet Metal Fabrication position at our Fridley company location.
Shift:1stShift / Monday – Friday / 7:00am – 3:30pm
Pay: $15.00 -$16.00per hour, depending on experience
Job Summary: Entrylevel sheet metal fabrication. Fabricates sheet metal parts using one or allthe following types of machines: brakes, shears, notches and turretpunching machines. Performs some types of operations including set-up andmachine operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all duties and responsibilities with an emphasis on safety.
- Operates most sheet metal machines such as brakes, shears, notches and turret punching machines.
- Receives work orders and prints and use shop calculations/math if necessary. Works from complex drawings, prints, templates and specifications.
- Use a variety of machines, hand tools, and measuring instruments to cut and form pieces to required dimensions.
- Performs highly diversified work involving close tolerances with a basic understanding of blank sizes and bend allowances. Uses precision measuring instruments to check for accuracy.
- Monitors machines always for proper operation.
- Works with close supervision in coordination with other team members and other departments in the company
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Notifies supervisor when sheet metal materials are not available in department storage.
- Continuous learning regarding machine knowledge and ability in order to gain skills and proficiency in basic machine operation.
- Keeps assigned area clean and orderly.
- Must be willing to undergo an E-Verify,pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Qualifications: (list all that apply)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 year or equivalent of manufacturing
- Ability to read and write in English in order to follow formulas
The physical demands described here are representativeof those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A detailedphysical analysis is attached or can be provided.
Must be able to lift to 50 pounds repeatedly duringthe shift.
Requires a very high degree of precision in work whereerrors are costly and control, accuracy and delicate touch are required.
Must be able to stand or sit as needed for the entireshift.
Must have very keen vision and hearing.
Must have good physical strength and stamina, goodhand-eye coordination and good dexterity in hand manipulation and musclecoordination.
- Long Term Employment
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Overtime - Depending on production needs
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit or Money Network Card
- $200 Referral Bonus!
Interestedapplicants are encouraged to apply!