Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Packages finished product according to shipping instructions; includes ensuring correct package type, labeling, shipping method (ie. carrier and/or rush orders), and required documentation. Ensures product will arrive undamaged through packing process.
· Uses the shipping software to generate packing slips; includes printing inner and outer labels and attaching all required documents and/or paperwork; completes process by ship confirming orders in the JDE system.
· Ensures International shipments are packaged and shipped according to procedure.
· Assembles boxes of all sizes for packing product; uses required bubble wrap packing material to ensure undamaged product is transported.
· Schedules product pick-up from appropriate shipping carriers when necessary.
· Schedules freight pick-up with appropriate carriers when shipment exceeds size and weight limits; ensure required documents such as bill of lading.
· Programs auto bagger according to customer specifications; individually bags parts as required.
· Ensures shipping department inventory (boxes, plastic bags, chip boards, etc by dimension) are at appropriate levels; orders refills as necessary.
· Cross-trains and ensures quality output of non-department employees during high volume times.
· Maintains customer service levels with carrier drivers.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Should have basic understanding of the JDE system and shipping software
· Must have knowledge of shipping procedures and requirements
· Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively in English both written and verbal
· Must have ability to operate various shipping and office equipment such as computer, tape runner, auto bagger, and bag sealer.
· Should have experience operating the UPS online system
· Must have basic knowledge of blueprints and work instructions to ensure proper packaging
· Must have basic math and typing skills
· Should have excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
· Must have experience in completion of international and domestic bill of lading and shipping documentation.