The Group Lead is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations on the production floor in their particular assigned production cells. Responsible for ensuring safety comes first and overseeing the performance of their assigned cells in terms of quality, delivery and efficiency.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Learns and maintains an in-depth understanding of all production processes in their assigned group of production cells and regularly audits compliance to standard work instructions.
· Addresses machine and process issues by analyzing possible causes and determining most appropriate corrective action within the cell; drives production to ensure on-time delivery standards are met.
· Measures and reports cell KPI’s daily; identifies and implements countermeasures as needed.
· Identifies continuous improvement ideas to prioritize and drive improvement efforts in paperwork flow, inventory accuracy, standard work, 6S efforts, and quality control.
· Drives product and/or process problem solving within the cell; requires working with SWAT team members and communicating with appropriate departments.
· Manages day to day activities of assigned cell including supporting cell staff, driving improvement, and coordinating training needs.
· Assists in ensuring sustained change in areas such as safety, quality, and 5S standardization.
· Works daily with all departments to ensure proper execution of the workflow and avoid communication breakdowns; jumps in to resolve the situations as needed.
· Coordinates daily meetings to address hot orders and existing problems or issues.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma with experience working in a manufacturing environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively train all levels of employees.
· Must have a high level of attention to detail, the ability to multitask and excellent problem solving skills.
· Knowledge of 5S lean tools (such as 7 Wastes, 5 Why’s, Daily Management, Flow, Pull, SOP’s, Visual Management, Kaizen, SMED) and taking a continuous improvement approach.
· Should have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
· ERP experience a plus
· Ability to promote continuous change priorities while achieving desired results.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve set goals on time
This position is located in a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, squatting, twisting, bending, and reaching throughout an entire shift. Must be able to move and handle varying sized products in bags and/or boxes in a dirty, dusty and noisy environment. Requires lifting up to 25 lbs.
· Safety Glasses to be worn at all times when on the production floor
· Must wear appropriate PPE for all work activities performed