SELECT settings.setting AS setting, settings.value AS value, settings.site_id AS siteID FROM settings WHERE settings.site_id = 1 AND settings.settings_type = 4
The Material Prep Operator is responsible prepping and machining billets for use in CNC production. They will operate a hand lathe to cut billets to appropriate size according to work instructions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Reviews work order blueprints to ensure material used matches specifications.
· Sets up and operates manual hand lathe for machining billet to required size; measures to ensure machined billet will fit in collet.
· Oversees machine throughout the prep run to ensure part conformance and records the SPC as instructed in the work order.
· Completes machining process by placing a plug in billet before production can continue.
· Collects and records all data as required.
· Cross train in other areas as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. This is an entry-level position that should have 1-2 years machine operation in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must have excellent knowledge of blueprints and work instructions.
· Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization effectively in English both written and verbal
· Must have basic math skills to read and process work instructions
· Knowledge of materials and material requirements
· Must have knowledge of nonconforming material procedure
· Self motivated with an ability to complete tasks without constant supervision
· Must be able to read measuring tools such as calipers
· Must be able to operate a hand lathe
· Should have mechanical aptitude
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Equipment Used
This position is located in a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged standing, walking, squatting, twisting, bending, and reaching throughout an entire ten-hour or eight-hour shift. Must be able to move and handle varying sized products in bags and/or boxes in a dirty, dusty and noisy environment. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs.
Health and Safety – PPE Requirements
· Safety Glasses to be worn at all times when on the production floor