purpose and general nature of the job):
Mechanical Assemblers build high value proprietary products as indicated by the build book. Assemblers follow drawings and use experience to interpret plans. Must be precise and accurate in measuring parts and fittings. Each customer order involves a certain amount of customization, so no two machines are identical (unless ordered by one customer to be operated in sequence).
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following:
· Works on assemblies/projects on one or more product lines.
· Uses common assembly tools and related functions in an efficient manner. This includes but is not limited to: bench work, the use of hand saws, drilling, hand tapping, deburring, part marking/identification, arbor presses, bearing heaters, etc.
· Assembles shafts, drive shafts, bearings or gear assemblies.
· May build mechanical sub-assemblies that are incorporated into finished product.
· Demonstrates ability to read basic blueprints or schematics. Redlines drawings to submit to engineering.
· Uses and is able to properly read measuring equipment to verify part or assembly quality.
· Uses precision assembly mechanical test equipment, including but not limited to: temperature gauges, fish scales, levels, etc. Tolerances are very tight (tenths of thousandths).
· May run air and lube lines per specifications.
· Performs shakedowns, teardowns and punch list items for machines.
· Demonstrates familiarity with IFS and shop order structure/build sequences.
· Signs off on buy-off book documentation which he or she performed.
· Participates in the close-out of shop orders, including returns to stock.
· Installs guards, signs and nameplates on machines per specifications.
· Perform some machine set-ups.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
· Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Mechanical aptitude and experience. May have formal training as mechanic or machinist. Attention to detail is necessary.
· Ability to work in a team environment, which includes communicating effectively with team members and support staff, being self-motivated, accepting responsibility for one’s own work, and actively participating as a team member in a proactive manner.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
· Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
· Physical demands vary.
· 40 lb limit on lifting without forklift or assistance.
· Must wear a harness if climbing >6’ off shop floor.