Job Title: Human Resources Generalist Date Last Revised: 7/16/19
Position: Regular/Full-time Reports To: Division Controller and dotted line to Human Resources Director
FLSA: Exempt Supervisory Role: No
Location: Denver Colorado
This position will administer Human Resources practices and objectives. This position will provide an employee-oriented, customer focused culture that emphasizes the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The incumbent will provide integral support to the Colorado Division leadership and be a key part of the board Human Resources Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coach and consult with line management/leaders by recommending, initiating, implementing, and interpreting policies and processes to ensure that the management of human assets is carried out in a consistent and equitable manner in order to maintain a productive work environment.
2. Administer the selection/staffing process and ensure that hiring and promotional activities are in compliance with company policy and legal requirements. Ensure compliance with state and federal laws. Develop and administer new hire orientation.
3. Responsible for ensuring positive employee relations. Works collaboratively to properly align practices and systems with employee engagement strategies. Must maintain an excellent working knowledge of the employee handbook to safeguard the company’s ability to effectively run its operations. Participate in problem resolution, discipline recommendations, and other related activities as required.
4. Administer the selection/staffing process and ensure that hiring and promotional activities are in compliance with Company policy and legal requirements. Ensure compliance state and federal laws. Develop and administer local employee orientation.
5. Plans and executes employee events relevant to benefits, wellness, recognition, training, and community involvement.
Must be able to perform the essential job function with or without reasonable accommodation.
Proactively manage safety by ensuring compliance with all Federal and State regulations and internal Company policies. Ensure unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner. All employees are responsible for upholding company policies. All employees are responsible for immediately reporting any safety, quality, or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Incumbent may be asked to provide other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and HRIS software
· Prior experience in an employee relations role
· High energy and drive to promote an employee-centric, customer focused culture
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
· Bi-Lingual preferred
· Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment preferred but not required
· Commitment to lifelong learning
· Strong detail orientation
· Innovative, resourceful, and solutions-oriented thought leader
· Ability to act with a sense of urgency without compromising quality
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
· 3-5 years applicable HR experience
· PHR accreditation preferred
· Broad-based and progressive HR experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Office Environment
· Required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms; must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities.