Maintenance Mechanic – Boulder, CO
Company requires a permanent, full-time Maintenance Mechanic to support and potentially lead a maintenance department. The position requires working in an industrial setting to efficiently maintain equipment and support plant operation. The position is based out of Boulder Colorado, and the ideal candidate will possess a positive frame of mind, cooperative team approach, and the ability to function well within a diverse maintenance group. Additional characteristic skills include a proactive and adaptive approach towards managing maintenance projects, proper attendance, and dependability are equally essential. Bilingual in Spanish is not necessary but helpful and a positive attribute.
The key element to this position is maintaining and repairing processing equipment using mechanical assembly knowledge, preventive maintenance know-how, and welding skills to assure optimal equipment run-time. Working hours are from 3:30 pm to 12:00 am, M-F, with occasional overtime.
· Complete welding and light fabricating to maintain processing equipment in good working order.
· Experience with industrial maintenance and the ability to work on processing equipment such as conveyor belts, motorized screening equipment, and hydraulic equipment.
· Preventive Maintenance and light repairs associated with forklifts, skid steer, and front loaders.
· Provide general maintenance assistance to other team members and work within a team environment.
· Ability to prepare and maintain maintenance documentation and maintenance logs.
· Maintain a clean and organized shop area and assist with special projects as needed.
· Required to work overtime as needed and one or two Saturdays per month as needed.
· At least 2-5 years of diverse industrial maintenance and welding experience including some light fabrication.
· Experience with maintaining and servicing mechanical equipment such as light trucks and heavy industrial equipment. Must be capable of conducting basic repairs and be able to take direction from Maintenance Manager.
· Ability to operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, Mig and Tig welding, cutting torch, and plasma cutter.
· Ability to troubleshoot repairs, problem solve, organize job tasks, and think on their feet.
· Ability to operate equipment such as forklifts, skid steer loaders, and a man lift is an asset.
· The right candidate must be physically fit, able to climb ladders 20+ feet from time to time, lifting up to 40lbs, and navigating repairs in varying conditions including outdoor environments exposed to the elements.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND WAGE:
· Working in an industrial plant with Indoor and outdoor conditions throughout the year in Boulder, Co
· Second shift hours from 3:30 pm to 12:00 am, M-F
· Starting salary is $ 24-26/hr per hour (depending on experience) one or two Saturdays per month required with eligibility for overtime work based on employment standards rates
· Excellent benefits package is available as a company employee.