Corporate Management Groups is currently hiring for a Quality Assurance Manager our Brookings, South Dakota location.
Job Summary: This position manages the quality functions of the organization and identifies and supports improvement activities that distinguish this client as an employer of choice, and preferred supplier to its customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands and communicates corporate vision, strategies and goals to department personnel.
• Exhibits the personal characteristics we value of good attitude, intelligence, integrity, and humility.
• Provides effective management of the ISO9001 Quality Management System including internal auditing and support of Customer and ISO Registrar on-site audits.
• Leads a group of qualified, motivated and responsible quality employees - ensuring they are capable and successful.
• Builds strong sense of teamwork and purpose within the department, and between departments.
• Responsible for overall plant quality reporting and assignment of quality related corrective & preventive actions.
• Collects, analyzes and provides data to the organization in support of improvement activities.
• Interfaces directly with customers and suppliers to process returns and to ensure potential quality issues are eliminated.
• Oversees the quality performance and improvement of outside suppliers.
• Responsible for performance reviews, and training and mentoring opportunities to achieve maximum potential from department personnel.
• Identifies and recommends technology to improve the capabilities of the Quality Department.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be willing to undergo an E-Verify, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Minimum: three (3) or more years of quality supervisory, or management experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Preferred: five (5) or more years of quality management experience in the same or similar industry, and operating within the structure of a quality management system such as ISO or AS.
• A high level of technical competence in all aspects of a Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015 preferred), including preventive and corrective action, problem solving, continuous improvement, metrology, SPC and process capability, process auditing, GD&T, etc.
• Experience managing quality processes and procedures.
• Effective management of people and processes within a team environment.
• Able to utilize software to support quality processes.
• Experienced in stamping, machining, welding, and finishing processes that include painting, plating, heat treat, brazing and related processes.
• Must be self-motivated and a strong leader.
• Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and education.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
• 401(k) with company matching.
• Paid Time Off (PTO).
• Paid Holidays.
• Short-Term Disability.
• Long -Term Disability.
• Life Insurance.