Corporate Management Groups is currently hiring for a Quality Technician at our Brookings, South Dakota location.
1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift available!
Pay: $15.00 - $22.00 per hour
Job Summary: The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing inspection/testing on quality of raw materials, in-process products, and or finished goods according to company standards, and customer specifications while ensuring that procedures are followed and proper documentation is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Exhibits the personal characteristics we value of good attitude, intelligence, integrity and humility.
• Verify that established quality and production processes are being followed to provide defect free components.
• Administers corrective action when processes are not being followed.
• Complete first article inspection and documentation as instructed or needed.
• Knows and follow ISO 9001 Quality Systems guidelines applicable to your area.
• Analyze all procedures, raw material standards, inspection techniques, and inspection equipment for process improvements.
• Provide technical assistance and advice to all functional areas regarding quality system measurements and procedures.
• Maintain required work records.
• Assist with administration of the calibration system and ensuring that all tools used by Quality Tool are calibrated.
• Log information on defects into DMR/CAR database.
• Audit key dimension/features of completed components and identify any anomalies that impact production processes.
• Other duties as assigned or as required to meet customer or business needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be willing to undergo an E-Verify, pre-employment drug screen and background check.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• Trade school in relevant discipline and at least 2 years work experience, or 3 to 4 years equivalent in training, experience and knowledge.
• Continuing education in area of functional responsibility.
• Written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Able to read and interpret blueprints and sketches.
• Ability to use squares, calipers, micrometers, indicators, precision blocks, height gages, CMM, etc.
• Ability to maintain required work records and Quality System Documentation.
• Quality orientation and high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated competency with personal computer systems and software applications.
• Ability to maintain safe work environment.
• Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution.
• Knowledge concerning mechanical principle, forming practices, the properties of metals and the application of mathematics and dimensions to precision fabrication.
• Competitive wage commensurate with experience.
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance, Long and Short-term disability
• 401-k plan with company match.